Monday, January 17, 2011

Living An Unselfish Life

 
I wanted to share with you something on my heart today. It is about living an unselfish life every single day. It's easy for all of us to think me, myself and I...what do I want? What do I feel like? What is in it for me??  But God is calling us to live a giving life, an "unselfish life."
 
In Proverbs 11:26-27, it says "The people will curse him who withholds grain, but blessing will be on the head of him who sells it." I think what that is bascially saying is that Generosity prospers a person, but stinginess impoverishes.
 
At an earlier time in my life, I was living selfishly before I finally realized that true joy comes in giving and reaching out to other people. We do not need to be fearful of losing our goods or ending up with nothing, because the Word of God is true!!
 
Trust me...you will get joyful when you begin to think about how you can bless somebody else.  Consecrate (hold in highest regard) your gift to God, saying, "Lord, I give myself to You...my life, my talents, my finances, my family, my marriage, my job." Pray today that God will bless you and make you be a blessing to others.
 
This is a shorter devotion today but it's simple..."It is more blessed to give than to receive."  See whose life you can bless today and how you can honor and respect God with your gifts.
 
 
Acts 20:35 says "I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord, that HE said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
 
The scripture above refers to our time as well as our money, for by laboring like this we support those who are less fortunate.
 
 
 
God loves you! Have an awesome day!
 

2 comments: