Saturday, January 29, 2011

CAST ALL YOUR CARES UPON HIM

Good Saturday morning! I can't wait for the warmth to hit today. What a beautiful day it's going to be!  Set your mind to say you are going to have a great day today despite anything that comes your way and you are not going to worry, but cast all your cares upon Him. Just want to share some things that I think can help you today and deliver you in your mind.

In I Peter 5:6-7, it says "Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation ] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties] all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all ] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully."

It is very important that we as Christians, learn to humble ourselves and cast our care upon the Lord. God wants to lay all of our concerns at the foot of the cross, when He so clearly has told us in His Word to do exactly that. The word casting means to throw, hurl, arise, send, strike, thrust, drive out or expell. All of these meanings are rather forceful terms, wouldn't you say? God considers worry or care a sin. We have to become spiritually violent about casting our care upon the Lord and abiding in His secret place. There have been several times in my life when I have been burdened with guilt and worry and anxiety. It eats away at you. I knew at that time mentally and spiritually that I had been made the righteousness of God in Christ because of what He had done for me at the cross, but I still had a hard time accepting it and living it out.

The devil has come to steal, kill and destroy. He loves to attack our feelings and make us feel guilty about the past. We cannot allow it!! We have to repeat over and over, "I have been made righteous and I won't believe your lies, Satan! I will not carry that care anymore! I am casting it upon the Lord."  We have to become angry enough to rise up against all of the devil's schemes, powers and wickedness and start enjoying all the blessings God has for us!! We can't enjoy all of these blessings if we're constantly worrying and feeling angry inside and letting the devil win! It will hinder us from the joy, peace and rest that the Lord wants us to have.

Paul captured this and wrote to the Corinthians saying: "But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ may rest upon me!" - 2 Cor. 12:9


Be encouraged today in knowing that God can deliver you and set you free! We need to humble ourselves and then throw off the cares and worries of the devil! Be happy today!! Be worry-free!!

Have a great day!!

Jenny Mushegan

No comments:

Post a Comment